TRON is looking for committed people with enthusiasm for biomedical research!
TRON is a non-university, biopharmaceutical research institute in the legal form of a non-profit organization. The company develops highly innovative technologies to address medical needs in the fields of cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and clinics as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to work with talented and dedicated colleagues, to develop and expand your professional experience, and to be at the cutting-edge of translational science to improve patient lives.
TRON is expanding its multidisciplinary Bioinformatics Unit with exceptional experience in genomics and transcriptomics data science and immuno-informatics. With the aim of improving the selection of targets for personalized cancer therapy, and to enlarge the technological knowledge and expertise in our Computational Medicine team as soon as possible we are looking for a
PhD student “Computational cancer evolution” (m/f/d)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing large-scale genomic and transcriptomic sequencing data
- Developing machine learning and deep learning approaches to classify somatic mutations according to their evolutionary history
- Training of machine learning models to predict gene expression from genomic, epigenetic and tumor imaging data
- Contributing to the design of wet-lab experiments to confirm findings
- Hands-on processing of samples in the lab (from sample in to sequence read outs)
- Coordination of large sample cohorts/sequencing projects and frequent exchange with the bioinformatics departments
- Reporting and documentation of all projects and outcomes
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master-level degree with extensive experience in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with widely used programming languages (R, Python, …)
- Deep understanding of cancer biology and evolutionary biology is a plus
- Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills in English
If you are a self-starter who loves working in a dynamic start-up environment, moreover if you are enthusiastic about the activities in a biopharmaceutical research institute and thrilled by supporting the implementation of personalized medicine, you will feel home at TRON and within your task. If you then also feel comfortable in a multicultural team in which you have the opportunity to contribute and develop your knowledge and skills across disciplines, you should not wait any longer to apply for this position. We are pleased to offer to you the opportunity to participate in our PhD program and we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) in one single document of max. 5 MB by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Sandra Nauth, reference “PhD CompCancerEvol”.
For further information, please visit also our homepage www.tron-mainz.de, TRON gGmbH