TRON is currently expanding its multidisciplinary Next Generation Sequencing Unit with exceptional experience in Illumina-based sample processing and high-throughput sequencing. In order to enlarge our technological knowledge and expertise, we are searching for an experienced NGS Specialist (m/f/d) to join our NGS development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination and execution of projects addressing the testing and evaluation of new technologies/platforms/methods/protocols for NGS sample processing (nucleic acid extraction, library prep and sequencing) for faster as well as more cost effective and more scalable processes, including lab automation and considering GC(L)P-compliant implementation into account
· Hands-on processing of samples in the lab (from sample in to sequence reads out)
· Coordination of large sample cohorts/sequencing projects and frequent exchange with the bioinformatics departments
· Reporting and documentation of all projects and outcomes
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· PhD in molecular biology or similar field
· Minimum 3 years professional experience with NGS technologies, especially Illumina (whole genome, whole exome, RNA-Seq, targeted sequencing)
· Deep understanding of NGS processes from “sample in” to “reads out”
· Experience in research and development in the human area, related preferably to oncology Any experience in writing SOPs and other QA-related documents as well as in working with liquid handling robots (TECAN, Beckman Coulter, Qiagen) completes your profile.
If you are a self-starter who loves working effectively in an agile start-up environment, and besides if you do have strong visual, verbal and written communication skills, you will feel well and home at TRON and within your task. If you are additionally an enthusiastic team player who is thrilled by supporting the implementation of personalized medicine, you should not wait any longer to apply for this position. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) in one document of max. 5 MB by email to jobs (at) tron-mainz.de to the attention of Sandra Nauth, reference “NGS Specialist”. For further information please visit our homepage www.tron-mainz.de