The Emmy Noether-Research Group at the Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Pneumology is seeking a
Postdoc in Cancer Epigenetics (reference 50122685)
The Emmy Noether Research Group (DFG) led by Dr. Michael Kühn (Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Pneumology, Chair: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Matthias Theobald) is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist. The laboratory is interested in determining how chromatin regulatory complexes control oncogenic gene expression programs in cancer with a particular focus on leukemia. We combine cutting edge genomic and epigenomic approaches, as well as CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing to characterize genetically engineered mouse models and human leukemias to assess specific chromatin-based dependencies. Current projects explore the wildtype MLL1 chromatin complex, menin and other interaction partner proteins as therapeutic opportunities in various leukemia subtypes (Dzama et la. Blood 2020, Kühn et al., Cancer Discovery 2016).
- PhD degree in biology or biochemistry with a background in cancer biology or related field.
- Previous experience in molecular biology techniques
- Experience with ChIP-seq Cut & Tag, CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and / or murine in vivo models is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the capability for scientific writing.
- Most important is a commitment to science with a high level of intrinsic motivation
- Unique opportunity for scientific studies in a young and dynamic research team. We are closely collaborating with groups from our department, the UCT Mainz, the IMB Mainz, and international researchers
- The position is initially limited for 3 years
- Competitive salary (E13) and health care benefits according to the company-based tariff agreement
- Child care (depending on places available)
- Job ticket for public transport
For further information, please contact Dr. Michael Kühn, phone +49-6131 17-2710.
Are you interested in applying for the position?
Please submit your application including cover letter, CV, list of publications and a statement of research interests (only by e-mail, ideally as a single PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload your application on our homepage www.unimedizin-mainz.de
Closing date: October 18, 2021
The University Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Servicecenter Personal – Recruiting-Büro