We are looking for support in our Computational Medicine unit to start as soon as possible. The
Computational Medicine team strongly collaborates with other units in TRON and with external partners to develop innovative immunotherapies against cancer and other diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and analysing internally generated or publicly available sequencing data and interpret, report, and discuss the results within interdisciplinary research teams. Depending on the individual background of the successful candidate, integration into further existing and new projects is planned.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of technicians and scientists to plan, run and analyze sequencing experiments within TRON and with external partners
- Analyse bulk- and single-cell RNA-seq data from our in-house sequencers (Illumina NovaSeq, NextSeq, MiSeq) and public sources
- Develop fully reproducible analysis pipelines and reports
- Support coordination of analysis tasks in the Computational Medicine team
What you bring:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing bulk- and/or single-cell RNA-seq data
- Extensive experience with genomic and transcriptomic data analysis and tools (e.g. STAR, kallisto, salmon, GATK, GSEA, pathway enrichment)
- Excellent data visualization and communication skills
- Proficiency working in a Linux HPC environment, including the use of job schedulers
- Programming experience, preferably in R and Python, and hands-on experience with version control systems (e.g. git)
- Experience in long-read sequencing data analysis is a plus
Any experience in using, developing, and maintaining analysis workflow tools (e.g. Nextflow) as well as a deep understanding of cancer biology and immunology would be advantageous. Enthusiasm and curiosity for the various activities of our research institute as well as the ability to work in a team completes your profile.
- A dynamic, innovative and creative research environment
- An open, collegial and cordial working atmosphere in a respectful corporate culture
- A high degree of diversity in the workforce
- Flat hierarchies
- Performance-related remuneration and other benefits
- The opportunity for personalised further training
- Good transport connection by public transport and car as well as bicycle parking
- The opportunity for hybrid working on a daily basis
TRON is an internationally recognised institute for translational research. We combine the strengths of academic research with the requirements of quality-controlled industrial developments. At TRON, we share a common mission to develop innovative solutions for the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases with high medicinal need for development.
TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and hospitals as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of translational science with us.
If all this appeals to you, we look forward to getting to know you.
Please send us your complete and informative application documents (cover letter, CV, references) in a single document of max. 5 MB by e-mail to Human Resources at jobs (at) tron-mainz.de,
For more information, visit our homepage at www.tron-mainz.de