The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, which is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. It is located on the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz, Germany. Applications are invited for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to research in an ERC-funded project, in the laboratory of Professor Christof Niehrs, epigenetic gene regulation by R-loops and nucleic acid modifications during development in embryonic stem cells and mouse. Visit www.imb.de/research/niehrs/research.
- Analysis of RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, DNA modification datasets using own and in-house provided pipelines
- Integrate quantitative data from multiple ‘omics’ sources
- Perform personalized post-quantitation analysis (e.g. GSEA, comparison to published datasets)
- Support lab members with your computational skills
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Natural Sciences or related areas
- familiarity with Genomics data analysis & sequencing applications
- sound experience in R scripting or Python
- excellent communication skills and good team spirit with the ability to solve problems independently
- fluent in English (spoken and written)
- an international and vibrant working environment
- support by a Genomics and Bioinformatics Core Facility
- competitive salary
- training opportunities
- favourable pension scheme
- job ticket
To apply please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter stating research and career interests, CV, scans of your degrees (Germans: including copies of Abitur & Master degree), and contact details of 2 references to email@example.com. Informal enquires should be addressed to Prof. Christof Niehrs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Starting Date: Preferably by 1st October 2022
Duration: The position is initially available for two years with the possibility of extension.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2022
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection