IMB (www.imb.de) is a research centre on the campus of Mainz University, Germany. It is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Our research focuses on the biology of the cell nucleus and ranges from the molecular level to organismic, systems and computational approaches. Researchers at IMB are supported by strong core facilities that offer state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics, cytometry, genomics, histology & microscopy, proteomics and protein production. IMB furthermore supports its staff and facility users with an extensive operational infrastructure including IT, building and laboratory technology as well as compliance and safety.
The institute is seeking to fill a new senior staff position to oversee and manage all aspects of organisational infrastructure and regulatory compliance including occupational health and safety, environmental/waste services, biological safety (e.g. genetic engineering), regulations for animal experimentation, building maintenance and facility services.
- Manage the newly established Building Operations and Compliance department with 11 employees
- Chair the Compliance Board
- Supervise IT staff, building technicians, electricians and caretakers
- Direct occupational, environmental, genetic engineering safety and organize waste management
- PhD- or Engineering degree in Natural Science
- Experience in EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) including waste management
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and German
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of Compliance in life sciences
- 3 or more years of experience in at least one of the areas (i.e. occupational health & safety, biological safety or environmental safety/waste management, facility management)
- Experience with German GenTG (genetic engineering ordinance) regulations
- High level of service orientation
- Ability to multi-manage several different ongoing projects at once
- Strong interpersonal and overall communication skills, team spirit and the ability to work with people from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
- Desire and ability to self-educate and to acquire new skills within new areas
- Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Flexible working model and advanced training opportunities
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates and at least two references quoting Ref. No. VWOM01 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Andreas Vonderheit or Dr. Ralf Eßmann. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: 1 June 2022 or sooner
Duration: The position is initially available for two years with the possibility of extension.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2022
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.