We are looking for support in our Computational Medicine unit to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will support us to further develop our methodological spectrum and software pipeline by incorporating structural modelling.
The TRON bioinformatics team is specialized on immunogenomics and has a strong track record of developing computational methods for the detection and evaluation of neoantigens for use in innovative immunotherapeutics. We are planning to improve our algorithms by the inclusion of structural information of the interacting molecules.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
– Research, develop and test computational methods for the modelling of MHC-peptide-TCR interactions
– Supervise research projects that support research on neoantigens for diagnostic and therapeutic use
– Plan and design confirmation experiments
– Train and supervise PhD students
What you bring:
– A PhD in computational biology, biology, immunology or computer science or related field
– A track record in computational structural biology (especiallially modelling and molecular dynamics
– Knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. Rosetta, Schroedinger, MOE) and scripting languages
– Experience in planning and guiding research projects
– Experience with HPC systems and machine learning
– Enthusiasm and curiosity for the diverse activities of our research institute as well as the ability to work in a team completes your profile.
– A dynamic, innovative and creative research environment
– An open, collegial and cordial working atmosphere in a respectful corporate culture
– A high degree of diversity in the workforce
– Performance-related remuneration and other benefits
– The opportunity for personalised further training
– Good transport connection by public transport and car as well as bicycle parking
– The opportunity for hybrid working on a daily basis
TRON – Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH TRON is an internationally recognised institute for application-oriented research as a non-profit organization. We combine the strengths of academic research with the requirements of quality-controlled industrial developments. At TRON, we share a common mission to develop innovative solutions for the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases with high medicinal need for development.
TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and hospitals as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of translational science with us.
If all this appeals to you, we look forward to getting to know you.
Please send us your complete and informative application documents (cover letter, CV, references) in a single document of max. 5 MB by e-mail to Human Resources at jobs (at) tron-mainz.de,
For more information, visit our homepage at www.tron-mainz.de