The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located on the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
Applications are invited for a position as a Technician/Lab Manager in the lab of Dr. Roopesh Anand. The group will employ techniques in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, single-molecule imaging, human cell culture to study the DNA repair pathways required to maintain the genomic stability.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to research projects within the group and to collaborations with external partners
- Apply techniques in molecular biology, genomics, biochemistry, handling DNA & proteins
- Work with human cell lines cultures
- Support the team in general lab organisation, including order management and lab safety
- Education or professional training in molecular biology, preferably as BTA, CTA or Laborant*in
- Experience in molecular biology including cloning.
- Experience in protein expression and purification
- The hands-on experience in cell culture work is advantageous.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Good communication skills in German and English
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
Why join us
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international research environment with a pleasant working atmosphere and informal culture. The institute is modern, well-equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking.
Our offer includes
- Possibility to work with state-of-the-art technologies
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
- Advanced training opportunities
- Employee events
- Job Ticket
- Flexible working hours
What else you need to know
- Starting Date: 16th February 2024 or later
- Duration: Initially 2 years; option of unlimited contract thereafter
- Deadline: 1st December 2023
- International applicants: We will assist you through the visa process, and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz.
Have we sparked your interest?
To apply please send an e-mail with a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates of your school and professional degrees, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state job reference #RATA01. Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr Roopesh Anand (email@example.com). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.