IMB (www.imb.de) is a research institute on the campus of Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. It is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Our research focuses on the biology of the cell nucleus and ranges from the molecular level to organismic, systems and computational approaches. Researchers at IMB are supported by strong core facilities that offer state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics, cytometry, genomics, histology & microscopy, proteomics, protein production and provide IT infrastructure.
- As part of the Core Facility Team you will develop individual software solutions and contribute your own ideas while enjoying short decision-making processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Customize a Java-based open source LIMS (laboratory information management system)
- Develop individual software solutions for internal IT services
- Full stack development of customized software for internal applications
- Develop an institute-wide web app (responsive to different screen sizes)
- Experience in programming and creating of innovative software solutions
- Experience in PHP, JS, Java, Python, HTML, CSS
- Knowledge of and experience with databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- 3 or more years of experience in at least one of the areas (application development, software engineering, game programming, computer science, informatics, IT engineering, application development)
- Knowledge of tools for collaboration in the development team (Git, Gitlab, Github)
- High level of service orientation
- Ability to multi-manage several different ongoing projects at once
- Strong interpersonal and overall communication skills, team spirit and the ability to work with people from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
- Desire and ability to self-educate and to acquire new skills within new area
Why join us?
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international research environment, with a pleasant working atmosphere, and informal culture. The institute is modern, well equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking.
Our offer includes
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
- Advanced training opportunities
- Employee events
- Job Ticket
- Flexible working hours
- Home office or hybrid working possibilities
What else you need to know:
- Starting Date: 1 August 2022 or sooner
- Duration: The position is initially available for two years with the possibility of extension.
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2022
- International applicants: we will assist you through the visa process and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz.
Have we sparked your interest?
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFIT05 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Andreas Vonderheit. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.