IMB (www.imb.de) is a research institute for the Life Sciences on the campus of Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. It is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. As an international institute our official language is English and we provide an exciting, intercultural working environment.
IMB’s Scientific Management team is seeking to recruit an Assistant Science Manager. Our team is responsible for a range of activities, such as overseeing IMB’s outreach activities; the acquisition and management of extramural funds; the organisation of conferences, symposia, IMB’s Seminar and Lecture series and other scientific events; the recruitment and training of junior scientists; research evaluations as well as institutional cooperations and the acquisition of external funding to support institutional activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support with organising and running events
- Involvement in IMB’s social media and outreach activities
- Support with formatting texts, g. for press releases, newsletters and our website
- Support with our international recruitment and training programmes for PhD students and postdocs as well as our international summer school
- Assisting with fundraising and the management of third-party funds
- Very good command of German and confident in writing and communicating in English
- Ability to interact with professionals at different levels
- Experience with social media outreach is a plus
- Previous experience in organising events is advantageous
- A degree in the life sciences or a good understanding of the field would be an advantage
- An outgoing personality who is motivated, organised and flexible, and who can work independently as part of a service-oriented team
Why join us
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international environment, with a pleasant working atmosphere, and informal culture. The institute is modern, well-equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking. It is an interesting entry-level position in a very experienced, collaborative scientific management team. Remuneration is according to your experience. You will receive hands-on training in various areas of science management. The position may be filled on a part-time basis.
Our offer includes
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
- Advanced training opportunities
- Employee events
- Job Ticket
- Flexible working hours
- Home office or hybrid working possibilities
What else you need to know
- Starting Date: 1 December 2023
- Duration: The position is initially fixed-term for 2 years, with the possibility for extension with a permanent contract.
- Deadline: 29 October 2023
- International applicants: we will assist you through the visa process, and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz
Have we sparked your interest?
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. WMASM01 to email@example.com. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.