The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium scientific core facilities (see https://www.imb.de/core-facilities).
The Protein Production Core Facility (PPCF) is looking for a technical assistant to join the team. PPCF’s main task is the purification and characterization of recombinant proteins produced in pro- and eukaryotic cells, using various chromatographic methods and automated systems.
- Work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Purify and quality-control recombinant proteins using state-of-the-art technology
- Handle and maintain lab equipment and chromatography systems
- Culture pro- and eukaryotic cells in vitro
- Train Core Facility users
- Completed apprenticeship as BTA, CTA, MTLA or PTA or in a related field
- Experience in heterologous expression and purification of proteins
- Experience in molecular cloning
- Familiar in using software (MS Office, electronic lab notebook, in silico DNA-editing)
- Experience in FPLC handling
- Know-how in insect and mammalian cell culture
- Lab management skills
- Strong communication skills and team spirit
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities
- Favorable pension scheme
Applications should be in English or German and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, and certificates quoting Ref. No. CFTA13 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Martin Möckel (email@example.com). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: September 2021, or as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially available for two years with the option for a permanent contract.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection:
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.