The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium scientific core facilities (see https://www.imb.de/core-facilities).
The Protein Production Core Facility (PPCF) is looking for a staff scientist to join the team. PPCF’s main task is the purification and characterization of recombinant proteins produced in pro- and eukaryotic cells, using various chromatographic methods and automated systems.
- Establish purification protocols, quality control and functional assays for proteins using state-of-the-art technology
- Benchmark pro- and eukaryotic expression systems for recombinant protein production
- Consult and support researchers with project-specific protein production needs
- Handle and maintain lab equipment and chromatography systems
- Work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Completed doctoral studies in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field
- Experience in heterologous expression and purification of proteins using Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography
- Experience in molecular cloning
- Familiar in using software (MS Office, electronic lab notebook, in silico DNA-editing)
- Know-how in insect and mammalian cell culture
- Experience in antigen design and antibody purification
- Lab management skills
- Strong communication skills and team spirit
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities
- Favourable pension scheme
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates, and at least two references quoting Ref. No. CFSS04 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Martin Möckel (email@example.com). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: September 2021, or as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially available for two years with the option for a permanent contract.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection:
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.