The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on basic research in the life sciences, ranging from epigenetics, DNA repair & genome stability to developmental biology, and bioinformatics. The IMB Core Facilities (https://www.imb.de/core-facilities) are looking for a Lab Manager (m/f/d) in part-time or fulltime.
- Administer in-house stock of centrally managed research equipment
- Administer and organize the internal lab consumable store, including quarterly inventory, billing restocking and ordering
- Manage all aspects of orders and deliveries for core facilities such as receiving, processing and distributing incoming deliveries, shipment tracking, damage claims, returns, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for core facility staff, researchers, the purchasing team and external suppliers regarding orders, lab store consumables, and equipment
- Perform various lab manager duties as needed and assigned
- Be available for at least 25hrs/week, daily core time 10-14. The position can be filled up to 100% (39hrs/week).
- Training as BTA, CTA or equivalent vocational training or degree
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg and ability to climb a ladder
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in English and German
- Willingness to learn new tasks, software
- Prior experience working in a diverse, international research environment
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint
- Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities
- Salary according to TV-L and favourable pension scheme
To apply, please send a single PDF file (English or German) containing your cover letter, CV, and certificates and quoting Ref. No. CFTA12 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For informal inquiries, please contact email@example.com. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: May 1st or as soon as possible
Duration: initial contract for two years with an option for permanent employment
Application Deadline: March 31st , 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection:
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.