The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located at the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. The Bioinformatics Core Facility supports IMB researchers and external collaborators in the computational analysis of NGS and other “omics” data generated in the course of research projects. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Bioinformatician (m/f/d) to join our Core Facility team and take part in the computational analysis of various projects related to biological ageing.
- Support biomedical scientists in Mainz in the planning, analysis, interpretation and publication of diverse NGS and other omics data sets in the context of aging research
- Contribute to the development of bioinformatics workflows and pipelines
- Provide bioinformatics consulting and software training to junior researchers
- University degree or postgraduate training in computational biology / bioinformatics
- Extensive experience in the computational analysis of NGS and other omics data
- Solid programming skills and familiarity with Linux compute clusters
- Sound knowledge of statistics, version control and R / Bioconductor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in English
- Knowledge of software engineering and bioinformatics pipelines
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
- Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact details of professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBIO16 to email@example.com. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration of contract: initial contract for two years with an option for permanent employment.
Closing date: 31 January 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection:
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.