The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located on the campus of Mainz University, Germany. IMB focuses on basic research in the life sciences, ranging from epigenetics, DNA repair & genome stability to developmental biology, biophysics, and bioinformatics. The IMB Core Facilities (www.imb.de/core-facilities) are looking for a motivated and experienced veterinarian or biologist with experience with mouse model. The position is split between IMB-wide service and experimental research in the group of Dr. Joan Barau.
You will provide IMB-wide service:
- Consult on planning, implementing and documenting of animal experiment projects (mouse, zebrafish, and Xenopus)
- Draft applications for animal experiments and reports
- Monitor ongoing animal research projects
- Educate and train staff in animal welfare and laboratory animal science
- Be responsible for the annual report on laboratory animals
- Organize mouse breeding at IMB
- Oversee all compliance aspects regarding animal welfare
You will work in the group of Dr. Joan Barau
- Experimentation with mouse pre- and post-implantation embryos
- Aid in the generation and characterization of novel tools for mouse transgenesis and manipulation
- Completed training as a veterinarian or a PhD in biology or in a related field with focus on mouse models
- FELASA B
- Strong communication skills and team spirit
- Experience in small animal surgery and embryo manipulation is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Microsoft® Office and lab management skills
- Collaboration in research projects with genetically modified mice
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities (in-house and external)
- A competitive remuneration and company pension scheme
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates, and at least two references and quoting Ref. No. CFSS03 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Andreas Vonderheit (email@example.com). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: May 2021, or as soon as possible
Duration of contract: The position is initally for two years with the possibility to be extended to permanent employment.
Closing date: 26 February 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection:
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.