The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences within the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU) in Mainz. To support the speaker of the Collaborative Research Center CRC/SFB 1361 on “Regulation of DNA Repair and Genome Stability” (www.sfb1361.de), we are looking for a Coordinator (parental leave replacement) and an additional Assistant Coordinator at the earliest opportunity.
Your tasks will include:
- Serving as first contact point for SFB 1361 members and external partners and supporting the speaker in the daily management of the SFB, incl. organisation and documentation of meetings, preparing and editing of text documents and presentations, and compiling statistics
- Administration of the SFB 1361’s finances, incl. financial reporting
- Coordination of the training programme for junior researchers within the Integrated Research Training Group (IRTG)
- Planning and organisation of the SFB 1361’s seminar and lecture series as well as the 2021 International IMB/SFB 1361 conference
- Maintaining the SFB’s webpage and other outreach activities
We are looking for dynamic and creative persons who have
- An outgoing personality, a high degree of motivation, reliability and flexibility, along with an ability to work independently and constructively within a service-oriented team
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact with scientists and administrators at different levels, and experience working in international contexts
- Very good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- A very good command of English (written and spoken) and at least basic knowledge of German
- Good PC knowledge (MS Office, incl. Excel and PowerPoint; Typo3 would be advantageous)
- MSc or PhD degree in the life sciences (required for coordinator; desired for assistant coordinator) or a good understanding of the field
Your prospects: You will collaborate closely with the other members of the Scientific Management Team (incl. the Grants, Events, Communications & Training Offices). We offer a challenging and interesting position in a very international institute, remuneration according to your experience and the opportunity of advanced vocational training. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, your CV (both in English), letters of reference and copies of your degrees as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Ref. No. #WMSFB01 (Coordinator) and #WMSFB02 (Assistant Coordinator) in all communications. Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr Daniela Happel (email@example.com).
Starting date: Coordinator: between February and April 2021; Assistant Coordinator: as soon as possible
Duration of contracts: Coordinator: 17 months; Assistant Coordinator: initially two years with possible extension
Closing date: 10 January 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection:
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.