The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on basic research in the life sciences, ranging from epigenetics, DNA repair & genome stability to developmental biology, and bioinformatics. The IMB Core Facilities (https://www.imb.de/core-facilities) are looking for a staff scientist in the Flow Cytometry Core Facility.
The Flow Cytometry Core Facility (FCCF) provides services in analyzing cells, sorting cells and bacteria, as well as C. elegans, Drosophila larvae, and zebrafish larvae. The facility operates two analytical flow cytometers (BD LSRFortessa, BD FACSVerse) and two cell sorting instruments (BD FACSAria III, Union Biometrica Biosorter). The FCCF is looking for an enthusiastic person, who brings together technical and research expertise as a staff scientist.
- Train users on the analytical flow cytometers
- Perform cell sorting experiments
- Provide consultations on flow cytometry projects to researchers
- Support and train in-house and external scientists via lectures and practical courses
- Maintain the instruments, including QC and calibrations
- Conduct experiments to develop and implement new methods
- BSc, MSc, PhD or engineer in immunology, cell biology, developmental biology, physics or related fields (all technical and academic degrees based on the experience and skills of the candidate in the field of flow cytometry will be considered)
- Extensive hands-on experience with flow cytometry, preferably using BD instruments and FACSDiva or FACSuite software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with setting up multicolor experiments (>10 colors)
- Experience with analysis software such as FlowJo
- Previous experience with cell sorting using the BD FACSAria cell sorter
- Good oral and written English language skills
- Involvement in exciting projects in flow cytometry and molecular biology
- Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates, and at least two references quoting Ref. No. CFCT04 to email@example.com. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Stefanie Möckel (firstname.lastname@example.org). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: October/November 2020 or as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially for two years with the possibility to be extended to permanent employment.
Closing date: 31 August 2020
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By submitting your application, you consent to us storing your personal data for assessment. For more information on data protection and retention periods, please consult www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection