The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located in Mainz, Germany. Applications are invited for an experienced Lab Technician position in the laboratory of Prof René Ketting under the supervision of Dr. Walter Bronkhorst. The successful applicant will work in an internationally competitive research team and will study the role of RNA modifications on embryonic development, with a particular focus on germ cells. Our team uses cell culture-based systems and in vivo zebrafish models combined with cutting-edge molecular biology, genomic and proteomic approaches. We believe in the creative use of multifaceted approaches to problem solving in biology and offer many opportunities to learn and master several different techniques such as: molecular cloning, cell culture, CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing, zebrafish transgenesis and quantitative proteomics.
- Support experiments by developing reagents and/or optimizing conditions
- Develop and test new assays
- Get trained to perform experiments with zebrafish
- Completed vocational training and experience as a Lab Technician
- Experience in molecular biology laboratory techniques and molecular cloning
- Experience in maintenance of cultured cells
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated and team work spirit
- Previous experience of working within international groups is an advantage.
- Experience with standard molecular techniques regarding protein work (e.g., Western-blot, Immunoprecipitation, recombinant protein purification)
- Experience in genetic engineering with CRISPR/Cas9 or transgenesis techniques.
- Experience/desire to learn working with zebrafish
- Possibility to work on cutting-edge projects using state-of-the-art technology
- Stimulating and dynamic research environment
- Advanced training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Favourable pension scheme
To apply, please email (as one PDF file) a cover letter, your CV (in English), contact address of a professional referee and certificates of your degrees quoting Ref. No. #RKTA04 to email@example.com. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: 1 September 2020 or later
Duration: initially 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Closing date: 31 July 2020
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection