The Institute of Molecular Biology is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, which is located on the campus of Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU) in Mainz, Germany. As part of its commitment to training junior researchers, IMB’s Scientific Management coordinates the International PhD Programme (IPP) on “Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability” (www.imb.de/PhD), which comprises groups at IMB, JGU and JGU’s Medical Center. This programme complements IMB’s Postdoc Programme (www.imb.de/postdocs) and its annual International Summer School (www.imb.de/ISS).
We are offering a full-time position in the coordination of the IPP to replace a colleague who will be on parental leave.
The successful applicant will be involved in all tasks of coordinating the IPP:
- Advertising the programme internationally
- Managing applications and the selection process
- Communicating with group leaders and students, including help with administrative matters and pastoral care
- Organising the training programme and supervision of students
- Planning and organising the programme’s events
- Maintaining the programme’s website, intranet and students’ database
- Coordinating reporting and evaluations of the programme
We are looking for dynamic people who have
- Experience in managing structured recruitment and training programmes, esp. PhD programmes
- A very good command of English, both written and spoken (the working language of the IPP is English and over half of our PhD students are international students)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact with students and scientists at different levels, and experience working in international contexts
- An outgoing personality, a high degree of motivation, reliability and flexibility, along with an ability to work independently and constructively within a service-orientated team
- A degree in the life sciences or a good understanding of the field is advantageous
Your prospects: We offer a challenging and interesting position in a very international institute, remuneration according to your experience and the opportunity of advanced vocational training. The position is for 1 year as replacement during parental leave. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, your CV (both in English), letters of reference and copies of your degrees as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Ref. No. #WMPhD05 in all communications. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr Ralf Dahm (email@example.com).
Starting date: July/August 2020
Closing date for applications: 22 May 2020
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection