The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located on the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
Applications are invited for a position as a Technician/Lab Manager supervised by Dr. Katharina Papsdorf. The group will employ techniques in cell biology, protein biochemistry and confocal imaging using C. elegans to study the role of lipid homeostasis in aging and longevity.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to research projects within the group and to collaborations with external partners
- Apply techniques in cell biology, molecular biology (e.g. DNA handling) and confocal imaging
- Work with elegans
- Support the team in general lab organisation, including order management and lab safety
- Education or professional training in molecular biology, preferably as BTA, CTA or Laborant*in
- Experience in molecular biology including cloning
- Experience in confocal imaging is advantageous
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg and ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Good communication skills in German and English
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Why join us
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international research environment with a pleasant working atmosphere and informal culture. The institute is modern, well-equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking.
Our offer includes
- The possibility to work with state-of-the-art technologies
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
- Advanced training opportunities
- Employee events
- Job Ticket
- Flexible working hours
What else you need to know
- Starting Date: January 15th 2024 or later
- Duration: Initially 2 years; option of unlimited contract thereafter
- Deadline: December 15th 2023
- International applicants: we will assist you through the visa process, and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz.
Have we sparked your interest:
To apply please send an e-mail with a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates of your school and professional degrees, and references to email@example.com. Please state job reference #KPTA01. Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr Katharina Papsdorf (firstname.lastname@example.org). IMB is an equal opportunity employer