We are looking for a scientist, skilled in microscopy, to support our High Content Live Imaging and Cellular Dynamics Unit, starting as soon as possible. In our unit, we are particularly interested in cellular processes and dynamic interactions of immune cells, especially in the context of immuno-oncology. The successful candidate will help us to set up imaging assays and image analysis pipelines to understand these dynamic cellular processes and thereby contributing to the development of novel immune-based therapies against cancer.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning, execution and analysis of live cell imaging experiments
- Quantitative analysis of movies and images
- Writing of standard operating procedures and preparation of experimental reports
- Presentation of reports to internal and external cooperation partners
- Support in the maintenance of infrastructure: device responsibility, organisational tasks, communication between different functional units
What you bring:
- A Master degree, PhD in (Cell-)Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, (Onco-)Immunology or any related discipline
- Experience in live imaging microscopy and image analysis
- Knowledge of MS Office and commonly used image analysis tools (e. g. Imaris, ImageJ)
- Basic programming skills (e. g. R, Matlab), interest in maschine learning-based tools and experience in handling of large data would be a huge plus
- Previous experience with organoids and zebrafish, especially as cancer model systems, would be a plus
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), German language skills are beneficial
Enthusiasm and curiosity for the diverse activities of our research institute as well as the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team completes your profile.
- A dynamic, innovative and creative research environment
- An open, collegial and cordial working atmosphere in a respectful corporate culture
- A high degree of diversity in the workforce
- Flat hierarchies
- Performance-related remuneration and other benefits
- The opportunity for personalised further training
- Good transport connections by public transport and car as well as bicycle parking spaces
- The opportunity for hybrid working
TRON is an internationally recognised institute for application-oriented research. We combine the strengths of academic research with the requirements of quality-controlled industrial developments. At TRON, we share a common mission to develop innovative solutions for the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases with high medicinal need for development.
TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and hospitals as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of translational science with us.
If all this appeals to you, we look forward to getting to know you.
Please send us your complete and informative application documents (cover letter, CV, references) in a single document of max. 5 MB by e-mail to Human Resources at jobs (at) tron-mainz.de,
For more information, visit our homepage at www.tron-mainz.de