We are looking for support in our Biosampling/IHC unit to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will support the lab team in the organization of the lab as well as the management of Biosampling tasks. The Biosampling/IHC Unit is part of Biomarker Development Center in TRON, aiming to identify and validate novel biomarkers involved mainly in cancer but also in other diseases. The unit supports the projects of TRON and industrial/academic cooperation partners with its expertise on histological assays to analyze and validate new biomarkers in spatial context, deepen the knowledge in tumor microenvironment, and investigate biodistribution and expression of mRNA-based vaccines.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of biospecimen inventory, procurement and distribution of biospecimens
- Processing of biospecimens (blood, serum, plasma and/or pleura effusion fluid samples, tissue)
- Independently development of SOPs
- Writing of study protocols for ethic committee application
- Primary contact for the in-house lab management (inventory, maintenance, safety)
What you bring:
- A vocational training and a completed Master degree in the field of natural sciences (Biology,
Biomedicine, Medicine or equivalent)
- Knowledge of cell and molecular biology is required, knowledge of immunology is a plus
- An independent, self-motivated working manner and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- A high flexibility in everyday business
- Fluent in German and English
Enthusiasm and curiosity for the diverse activities of our research institute as well as the ability to work in a team completes your profile.
- A dynamic, innovative and creative research environment
- An open, collegial and cordial working atmosphere in a respectful corporate culture
- A high degree of diversity in the workforce
- Flat hierarchies
- Performance-related remuneration and other benefits
- The opportunity for personalised further training
- Good transport connections by public transport and car as well as bicycle parking spaces
- The opportunity for hybrid working
TRON is an internationally recognised institute for application-oriented research as a non-profit organization. We combine the strengths of academic research with the requirements of quality-controlled industrial developments. At TRON, we share a common mission to develop innovative solutions for the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases with high medicinal need for development.
TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and hospitals as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of translational science with us.
If all this appeals to you, we look forward to getting to know you.
Please send us your complete and informative application documents (cover letter, CV, references) in a single document of max. 5 MB by e-mail to Human Resources at jobs (at) tron-mainz.de,
For more information, visit our homepage at www.tron-mainz.de