We are looking for support in our Computational Medicine unit to start as soon as possible. The
Computational Medicine unit works in multi-disciplinary research teams to develop innovative software solutions for immunotherapies against cancer and other diseases. The successful candidate will develop and maintain software tools and fully reproducible end-to-end workflows to analyse diverse biological data, such as high-throughput sequencing data from cancer patients.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of developers, technicians and scientists to design, implement, and maintain computational analysis tools and pipelines for research data from cutting-edge sequencing experiments
- Benchmarking and systematically testing internal and public detection pipelines with experimental confirmation data
- Advising and supporting our PhD students, developers, and researchers in multiple projects for best practices in reproducible data science and high performance compute workflows
- Development of state-of-the-art predictive AI systems for immuno-genomics in collaboration with our computational scientists
- Close interaction with our multi-disciplinary computational, genomics, and molecular biology teams
What you bring:
- A MSc Degree in (Bio-)Informatics, Computer Science or comparable study program
- At least two years of work experience in software development, scientfic computing or related field
- Advanced programming experience in Python and R
- Proficiency in structured software development (version control, testing, continuous integration systems)
- Experience with linux-based compute clusters, job schedulers, and workflow languages
- Any knowledge in working with data from next-generation sequencing assays is advantageous
- Basic understanding of or curiousity for cancer biology and immunology is a plus
Enthusiasm and curiosity for the diverse activities of our research institute as well as the ability to work in a team completes your profile.
- A dynamic, innovative and creative research environment
- An open, collegial and cordial working atmosphere in a respectful corporate culture
- A high degree of diversity in the workforce
- Flat hierarchies
- Performance-related remuneration and other benefits
- The opportunity for personalised further training
- Good transport connection by public transport and car as well as bicycle parking
- The opportunity for hybrid working on a daily basis
TRON is an internationally recognised institute for application-oriented research as a non-profit organization. We combine the strengths of academic research with the requirements of quality-controlled industrial developments. At TRON, we share a common mission to develop innovative solutions for the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases with high medicinal need for development.
TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and hospitals as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of translational science with us.
If all this appeals to you, we look forward to getting to know you.
Please send us your complete and informative application documents (cover letter, CV, references) in a single document of max. 5 MB by e-mail to Human Resources at jobs (at) tron-mainz.de,
For more information, visit our homepage at www.tron-mainz.de