IMB (www.imb.de) is a research institute on the campus of Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. It is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Our research focuses on the biology of the cell nucleus and ranges from the molecular level to organismic, systems and computational approaches. Researchers at IMB are supported by strong core facilities that offer state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics, cytometry, genomics, histology & microscopy, proteomics, and protein production. We are looking for a motivated veterinarian or biologist with experience in using mouse models for biomedical research. Candidates with previous experience in small animal surgery and/or manipulation of embryos are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This is a divided position that includes core facility services and experimental research in the group of Dr. Joan Barau. As part of the Core Facility Team, you will support researchers with animal experiments and the establishment of a transgenic mouse facility. As part of the Barau Lab, you will experiment with mouse pre- and post-implantation embryos as well as aid with research on novel tools for mouse transgenesis and genome editing.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Educate and train staff in animal welfare and laboratory animal science
- Develop concepts for a transgenic mouse facility and organize mouse breeding at IMB
- Experimentation with mouse pre- and post-implantation embryos
- Assists with the conceptualization, development and implementation of novel tools for mouse transgenesis and genome editing
- Completed training as a veterinarian or a PhD in biology or in a related field with focus on mouse models
- FELASA B
- Strong communication skills and team spirit
- Experience in small animal surgery and embryo manipulation is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Microsoft® Office and lab management skills
Why join us?
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international research environment, with a pleasant working atmosphere, and informal culture. The institute is modern, well equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking.
Our offer includes
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
- Advanced training opportunities
- Employee events
- Job Ticket
- Flexible working hours
- Home office or hybrid working possibilities
What else you need to know:
- Starting Date: 1 August 2022 or sooner
- Duration: The position is initially available for two years with the possibility of extension.
- Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
- International applicants: We will assist you through the visa process and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz.
Have we sparked your interest?
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFSS06 to email@example.com. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Andreas Vonderheit. IMB is an equal opportunity employer
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.