The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located on the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany.
Applications are invited for a position as a Lab Manager/Technician in the lab of Prof. Helle Ulrich (www.imb.de/ulrich). The group employs techniques in yeast genetics, human cell culture, molecular biology, genomics and protein biochemistry to study the contributions of the posttranslational modifiers, ubiquitin and SUMO, to DNA repair and genome stability in general.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the team in general lab organization, including order management and lab safety
- Contribute to research projects within the group and to collaborations with external partners
- Apply techniques in genetics, molecular biology, genomics and biochemistry, handling DNA & proteins
- Work with yeast cultures and human cell lines
- Education or professional training in molecular biology, preferably as BTA, CTA or lab technician
- Experience in molecular biology and/or cell culture work
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Good communication skills in English and German
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Why join us
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international research environment (working language: English), with a pleasant working atmosphere, and informal culture. The institute is modern, well-equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking.
Our offer includes
- The possibility to work with state-of-the-art technologies
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
- Advanced training opportunities
- Employee events
- Job Ticket
- Flexible working hours
What else you need to know
- Starting Date: 1 October 2022 or later
- Duration: Initially 2 years; option of further extension
- Deadline: 15 September 2022
- International applicants: we will assist you through the visa process, and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz.
Have we sparked your interest:
To apply please send an e-mail with a single PDF file containing your cover letter (in English), CV, certificates of your school and professional degrees, and references to email@example.com. Please state job reference #HUTA05. Informal enquiries should be addressed to Prof. Helle Ulrich (firstname.lastname@example.org). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.