The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located within the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany.
Applications are invited for a postdoc position in the laboratory of Dr. Julian König (www.imb-mainz.de/koenig; https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=jToHH5oAAAAJ&hl=en). The successful applicant will contribute to internationally competitive research in the field of RNA biology with a particular focus on the role of RNA modifications in splicing regulation. Our group employs genome-wide techniques such as RNA-seq, iCLIP and miCLIP to obtain genomic views of protein-RNA interactions, RNA modifications and posttranscriptional processes in vivo and in vitro. An important pillar of our work is the development and application of new technologies that enable us to discover new regulatory mechanisms from a genomic perspective.
- Study the mechanisms of posttranscriptional gene regulation in human
- Generate and interpret genome-wide datasets for solving complex biological questions
- Work in close cooperation with computational researchers
- Have access to all IMB core facilities including genomics and bioinformatics support
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- PhD in Biology or related areas
- Experience in high-throughput genomics technologies such as RNA-seq , CLIP, miCLIP or ChIP-seq is beneficial
- Experience with cell culture models
- General molecular biology skills
- Background in RNA biology
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Working as part of a nice and motivated team
- Advanced training opportunities
To apply please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter stating motivation to join our group as well as research and career interests, CV, scans of your degrees (Germans: including copies of Abitur- & Diplom/Master Zeugnis), and contact details of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Julian König (email@example.com).
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: 2 years (extension possible)
Closing Date: 15th September 2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By submitting your application, you consent to us storing your personal data for assessment. For more information on data protection and retention periods, please consult www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection