The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation. It is located within the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz, Germany.
The Protein Production Core Facility (PPCF) is looking for a motivated and experienced technician to join the team. The unit’s main task is the purification and characterization of recombinant proteins, produced in pro- and eukaryotic cells, by using various chromatographic methods and automated systems.
- Work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Purify and quality-control recombinant proteins using state-of-the-art technology
- Handle and maintain lab equipment and chromatography systems
- Culture insect and mammalian cells in vitro
- Assist and train Core Facility users
- Completed apprenticeship such as BTA, CTA, MTLA or PTA or in a related field
- Experience in heterologous expression and purification of proteins
- Experience in molecular cloning
- Skilled in software use such as MS Office, electronic lab notebook, in silico DNA-editing
- Experience in FPLC handling
- Know-how in insect and mammalian cell culture
- Lab management skills
- Good oral and written English language skills
- Strong communication skills and team spirit
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities
- Favourable pension scheme
Applications should be in English or German and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, and certificates quoting Ref. No. CFTA11 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr. Martin Möckel (email@example.com). IMB is an equal opportunities employer.
Starting Date: February/March 2020 or as soon as possible
Duration: Initially 2 years; option for a permanent contract
Application Deadline: 31.12.2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.